Well, since as of last Thursday, we had 7 more months and as of Tuesday, we’re at 200 days (holy cow!), I figured it was time for a little update.
What we have done:
– location and date (obviously)
– rehearsal dinner
– hotel rooms for everyone
– bridesmaid dresses
– MY DRESS! (and shoes)
– flowers (sort of…need to figure out what C’s father is going to grow – he owns a nursery and landscaping business and offered to grow some of our flowers for us)
Need to do:
– finalize invitations
– send out save the dates (that’s happening in January)
– engagement pictures (today’s activity…we’re going out at 5 to meet with our photographer)
– band (seeing one tonight)
– engagement announcement (after we have pictures back)
– cake (nom nom nom)
– my veil (minor…but still would like to have one)
– bridesmaid shoes
– tuxes for the guys
– plane tickets and arrangements for honeymoon (which reminds me that I need to update my passport which expired last month).
– marriage prep classes that are required to get married in our diocese – and basically anywhere if you want to get married in the Catholic Church.
The good news is that when I have to change all the important stuff over after I change my name, my driver’s license is going to expire anyways (my 29th birthday is two weeks after we get married so I figure…why not just do it than rather than updating it before the wedding and updating it AGAIN a month later. Tell me I’m being wise doing this, please). It’s exciting. I think I’m going to be more exicted next month when we’re at 6 months (and the excitement probably will be building each month after that – just a hunch).